Thursday, April 13, 2006

Great Weekend

My wife and I went to Los Banos, Laguna last April 7 for an overnight swimming party. It was a thanksgiving party organized by her colleagues (faculty members of Jose Abad Santos High School). From Divisoria, Manila the group went all the way to Los Banos, where we looked for a place to stay. Luckily the organizers found that the Monte Carlo resort was still available, so that's where we all went. After swimming, I invited an acquaintance (an attorney) to play chess with me. I thought he was a beginner in chess, but he was a tough nut to crack. Out of 5 games, he lost 4 and salvaged one with a draw.

The next morning (April 8, Saturday) we all went home. My wife and I were so tired we just slept the whole morning. Before going to sleep I managed to send a text message to my brother Epoy who I know was also planning a vacation with his family. I suggested Monte Carlo. He replied later in the day saying that they are on the way already, but still have to do some shopping. He asked us to go also. In short, my wife and I ended going back to Laguna with my brother's family and 3 of our other nephews. They chose to go to Villa Nella, which is even better than Monte Carlo. We stayed there for the night and stayed there the whole Sunday.

No comments: